Safe Ministry at St Paul’s
We believe everyone has a right to be safe.
As part of the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney, St Paul’s Anglican church is committed to protecting and promoting the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people – especially those within our own church community.
Our leaders are trained in Safe Ministry
All of those working with vulnerable people at St Paul’s have a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and have completed the Safe Ministry Essentials Course.
The Safe Ministry course is our Diocese’s best practice in equipping those working with children (and other vulnerable people) with the knowledge and understanding they need to build a culture of safe ministry. The Anglican Diocese of Sydney requires all people working in ministry to children and youth, including ministers and assistant ministers, to complete Safe Ministry Essentials. Contents include:
- Identifying and appointing appropriate leaders for Christian ministry
- Safe practices to protect vulnerable people
- Recognising and reporting abuse
- Providing a safe environment for everyone
To find out more about the Safe Ministry Course you can visit the Safe Ministry website here
Our leaders stay up-to-date with their Safe Ministry Training
After completing the Safe Ministry Essentials training, our team must complete a Safe Ministry Refresher training every three years. If someone fails to complete a Refresher course within 30 days of their three-year expiry, they must do the Essentials course again.
Junior leaders are also trained in Safe Ministry
This training module educates junior leaders on what it means to lead and protect children and vulnerable people in a ministry setting.
We observe best practice in Safe Ministry
To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people, the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney, in conjunction with the Anglican Church of Australia, will:
- Carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers
- Adopt and encourage safe ministry practices amongst its clergy and church workers
- Respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and church workers
- Offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse
If you have any questions about safe ministry at St Paul’s Anglican church, please get in touch.